So, Saturday was THE BIG DAY! My half marathon in Conway had finally come. After having to slow training down due to arch problems and being real nervous it had approached.
I had dinner at Olive Garden with Cade and two of our friends to carb load Friday night. I then headed to Conway to stay with the wonderful, awesome Karl family. It was great to see them and spend time with them. I got up early to eat my cliff bar and banana for breakfast then went back to sleep. I finally awoke to get ready, get to the Magee Center to pick up my packet and chip for the race. The race started at 8:10 for me due to the wave start that they had. Everything was going great until about mile 3 when I started to feel blisters developing on the bottom of my foot on the inside of BOTH of my arches. My goal was to make it to the 6 mile water station where my supporters Gray and Denise were to cheer me on. I walked up to Denise who was filming me and told her that I had blisters where she told me to "FORGET ABOUT THEM". That is a little difficult when you are running by your self and pain is in every step you make. I had to walk every hill after the 6 mile mark due to the extreme pain I endured while running up a hill. I FINISHED! I MADE IT TO THE FINISH LINE AFTER 2 HOURS AND 37 MINS according to my start time. My official time was 2 HOURS AND 42 MINUTES. I made my goal of making it under 3 HOURS! I did however have to walk, but I finished it running. I am proud of myself over all. I do not know however if I will be doing another one anytime soon. Ask me after these blisters that are the size of Texas on the bottom of my feet. I had blisters on top of my blisters... UGH! I am finally beginning to walk normal because of the blisters.
Only 2 more football games left until the end of Cade's playing career. Pray for a strong finish to the season and for Cade to finish without injury.
In Him,
Ashton
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment