Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 16, 17, and 18...

I know I am a little behind but not a lot has been going on. I had my 16 week check up and the baby is doing great. The doctor got the heart doppler right over the heart so you could hear the valve closing. It was pretty neat. Cade did not get to make to that appointment which made me nervous but it was fine. We flew out to Tulsa the next day because Cade's grandpa was given a few months to live due to complications from cancer. The entire family got to come in and enjoy much needed time with grandpa. It was great. We stayed Friday through Monday. Funny story leaving Tulsa, there is a new scanner thing at the airport that is a big cylinder that you stand in and it scans your body. I was wearing leggings, sandals, and a fitted shirt and apparently I looked suspicious...i got patted down and my hands wiped for gun powder traces. It was ridiculous. Haha. I know I look like I am packing something under my shirt but its a BABY! LOL!

This last week flew by because we were gone Monday. I found a park that I love to walk/jog. It is amazing. There is a concrete track and then trails as well. Saturday we got the rest of the baby's room cleaned out and put 2 bookshelves up. I cant wait to get a crib and dresser in there. We also put up all of our pictures and decorations around that house so it actually looks like we live here. We went to Hobby Lobby to get a painting we bought on our honeymoon finally framed. Here is a picture of the bookshelves, a rocking chair my grandma gave me, and the baby's closet in the baby's room.





 The curtains will be hung soon...

Then today to reward me for working so hard yesterday we went to the BEACH!! We went to Dauphin Island which is only 40 minutes away. It is a beautiful white sandy beach. It is not a touristy beach but more of a community beach. We loved it and cannot wait to go back many times. Here are a few pictures.

 The condos I think my parents should look into buying...
 Ocean in the background
 Facing the ocean
 The pier
The beautiful ocean

I realized today that the beach is a peaceful place. It helps that everyone is happy when at the beach. The water is still a little cold but it was about 80 degrees and sunny. It was a gorgeous day to spend on the beach. I never thought I would be laying out on the beach in FEBRUARY!! Just another reason to love where we live and all God has blessed us with. Zach, Kimberly, and Brian are coming to visit us this week for Mardi Gras. We are so excited to have visitors and to experience Mardi Gras. It is going to be a lot of fun. We also have our next ultrasound to find out what we are having a week from tomorrow. We are VERY excited and cannot wait to find out. We are both thinking and hoping boy. Not that we wouldn't love a girl or be happy with a girl, we just don't see ourselves with a girl. HAHA! Have a great week. 

Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment