Friday night I went and watched the fall scrimmage. It was very entertaining. I have a bunch of pictures of Casey and Jason playing and Cade coaching a few videos that I will upload Thursday or Friday because....WE ARE GETTING INTERNET AT OUR HOUSE THURSDAY!!! WHOO HOO!! We are coming out of the stone age. Ha.
Saturday I got to sleep in a little bit and then went and ran some errands. I found a SUPER cute pair of black boots (cowboyish style, but with a small heel) for $30, they were regularly $95. I was PUMPED (wore them to church on Sunday). Then went to the coaches wives luncheon. I will admit I was a little nervous and skeptical going into the lunch. I had a wonderful time. I loved getting to know all the women in a casual setting without the husbands there to destract us. It was a good time. We had wonderful food (chicken salad that is WONDERFUL and will be my new lunch routine :D) and great conversations. Coach Huck had bought all the wives Bison earrings, Coach Simmons wife made us all charms for a necklace, Peggy made us a magnet that says "I love my Bison", and bought me and Coach Chisms wife (both new to the coaching world) a book called "The Coaches Wife". It is a spiritual based book on how to be the best coaches wife and what to expect. It is a great read. I am almost half way done and have learned a lot. It has been a rude awakening in some aspects but a breath of fresh air in others. I am so excited to embark on this journey with my wonderful husband and cannot wait to have a family of our own to take on that journey with us.
Sunday was a wonderful service at church. I love our church home and will miss it dearly when and if we move from Searcy. The singing was PHENOMENAL!! Sunday was a lazy day for me and then back to work on Monday. Last night we had devo with Joe and Michelle and really dove into some things that were eye opening for both Cade and I. We had a wonderful talk after they left and I feel so much closer to him now that we had time to talk. Cade had his "last" first day of school as a student (I hope) on Monday and he is not a fan of the class at all. He had another class this morning and will have another one tonight. There is just one more he has to go to, but doesnt know when that class will meet because it is "TBA". Looking forward to spending this weekend with Cade as it will be his last weekend before all the football game madness begins.
Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Tuesday!
Ashton
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Very cool; don't know why it took me so long to find and follow (and read) the blog. Glad y'all have internet; what a wonderful world. Glad to hear the openings thus far of the real year (being the school year) have gone well. Hope to see you all very soon as well. We are in for some nasty weather tonight and tomorrow. We've battened-down the hatches but I'm building an ark and growing my beard just in case (that's a really good line, sorry if you reread it in the blog about today).
ReplyDelete