Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Football, Football, Football...

FOOTBALL...That one word sums up our lives right now. Cade is busy, busy with football practices, meetings, film, and more meetings. Our schedules right now do not line up at all. We get to spend maybe 2 hours (if we are lucky) together a day. I know that this is only temporary but it has been challenging for us. Trying to have dinner together has been a major scheduling chore, but we finally got to Sunday and Monday night. It was wonderful to spend time over dinner together. I even had Jason and Casey over for some Grandma Caton spaghetti. It has been great getting to see Casey and Jason whenever we want. They are such intelligent young men and I look forward to spending more time with them this fall.

My work hours finally changed at work. I now work 8:30 - 4:30 Monday - Friday. It is awesome, but it they changed just in time for Cade's schedule to change. Whats a girl goin to do though? We have really enjoyed spending time with our wonderful friends. Sadly though, Maggie and Jeremy AND Kelli and Aaron moved to Pensecola, FL. This was a sad time for us, especially seeing Maggs and Jer leave. We shared almost all of our firsts together because they got married 2 weeks after us. It was wonderful to have someone that was going through almost the exact same thing as you in the same town. We do wish them all the best and know that they will be friends forever.

We have started a new small group book with Joe and Michelle. It is called "I love you More". It is a WONDERFUL book for all marriages, new or old. I have really enjoyed reading it so far. We are just on chapter 2 and are already learning so much about our marriage and how to deal with conflict. We have really enjoyed getting to know Joe and Michelle on a much deeper level recently. It has helped strengthen both of our marriages I would say.

As I look back on the summer, it has been a whirlwind of a summer for my family for sure. We have had a couple deaths that have really kind of blind sided us (2 of my mom's coworkers whom I knew pretty well), my grandpa had major surgery, then was hospitalized again, mom got bit by something, and my in-laws moved. It is one that has tested me as a person, my relationship with God, and my relationship with my wonderful husband. All of which I feel has made me stronger and those relationships stronger. This was a summer of firsts, just like last summer was, only this summer they were more life lessons.

I hope to keep up with this more this fall as we embark on more firsts and hopefully find out where our journey will take us next. We are looking forward to what lies ahead: Cade's first season of coaching, Cade's last semester of his Masters, Cade's first job (hopefully), and many many more I am sure.

I want to close by thanking all of those that have influenced my life. I have the best God, husband, family, and friends anyone could ask for. I am so thankful for all of those in my life.

Have a blessed day!
Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment