Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Scrimmage, Cliffs, Captain, and Game

Friday was Cade's last scrimmage of preseason practice. He did well, but got thrown to the ground on his hip which is now giving him problems, but he will be alright.

We went to Heber Springs with the football team on Saturday. I made my mind up that I was jumping off the cliffs and since Cade got hurt the night before I jumped with his friend and fellow teammate Randall. It was a great experience that I may never repeat again, but I loved it and am so happy I did it.

This week has been pretty routine. Work and running is what my life amounts to. Cade started school, got to drop a class so he is only taking one class this semester and then doing his student teaching in 5 weeks. He is also working on a geometry self taught class that he has to get done.

We did get the announcement last night that he is one of 5 team CAPTAINS for the football team this year. They are the ones that go out on the field before every game for the coin toss. I am so proud of him and he feels very honored to be a team captain.

We are now preparing for the game this Saturday against Missouri Southern in Searcy. Come out and watch Cade and the Bison in their first game of the season. Be sure to come early to watch the coin toss. :D Cade's parents and siblings are coming to the game, so I will be cleaning on Thursday and Friday evening to prepare for their arrival and possible stay.

Go BISON!!!! Look for pictures of the game to come soon...

God Bless and have a great rest of the week. Keep the team in your prayers for a safe game without injury.

Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment