Monday, August 10, 2009

What a Weekend...

The weekend started off with me getting home from work and Cade leaving an hour later to start his football season. This will be the routine for the next two weeks as football will take up most of his time. He lifted on Saturday and benched 225 lbs 10 times (SO VERY PROUD, he had been working all summer for that) and did hang clean 6 times with 225 lbs. He is so strong! :D Then he had his conditioning test (since I couldn't be there I had a friend who gave me updates and said he did amazing!) and he passed which is always good.

I went to Joplin on Saturday to try on a bridesmaid dress for Michelle and Joe's wedding. Then went home and fell asleep by the pool. I was a little tired you could say. My parents treated me to a steak dinner with my favorite potatoes, fresh corn, and fresh tomatoes. Yesterday was my grandpa's 77th birthday, so it was good being able to see him at church and eat lunch with him. As we were singing at church next to each other I couldn't help, but to smile because he is almost always a word behind everyone else as he is singing his heart out. It made me realize how awesome our God is and how lucky I am to have moments like that with my role model, my Grandpa!

After the long drive back with help from a red bull, I came home and ran my 6 miles which felt really good. I ended the night watching Cade's first practice of the season in which he did very well. You could say that I am one proud wife and cannot wait to see how he shines throughout the season!

Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment